Dental implants may cost more upfront, but the long-term benefits of dental implants outweigh those of other dental restorations. Dental implants are the only option for replacing teeth that replace the tooth root, preventing significant bone loss in the jaw.
Dr. Derek Conover, a leading reconstructive dentist in Philadelphia, recommends dental implants to patients with missing or severely damaged teeth. She can create a more natural-looking dental restoration that can blend seamlessly with your existing teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- A dental implant will look, feel, fit, and function like real teeth, especially when compared to removable dentures or a dental bridge. They are strong, stable, and the next best thing to your real teeth.
- Dental implants will last longer than other dental restorations because they are more durable. Other options for missing teeth, such as dentures, will require costly replacement or maintenance which will add up over time. When properly placed and cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Dental implants help keep the natural shape of your face and lower jaw area. With dental implants in Philadelphia, PA, your smile will also appear more natural.
- A void where a missing tooth used to be can cause your jawbone to deteriorate. Dental implants are the only option for missing teeth that stimulates the jawbone, which helps stimulate bone growth, preventing bone loss.
- Dentures can slip around in your mouth, making talking and eating difficult, causing social situations to be intimidating and sometimes embarrassing. Dental implants are permanent and release a person from that worry.
- With removable options for missing teeth, there are dietary restrictions. Dentures will restore about 30-40% of normal chewing function. With dental implants, there are no restrictions on what you can eat since they are durable, stable and permanent.
- A dental bridge is traditionally secured using prepared adjacent teeth, essentially damaging healthy teeth. A dental implant is surgically placed only in the space where the missing tooth is located, leaving your healthy teeth alone.
Why Choose Dr. Conover for Dental Implants
Dr. Conover has the experience, hands-on training, and expertise necessary to enable him to provide patients with the highest level of care and state-of-the-art dental implant treatment at our dental office in Center City Philadelphia. To schedule a consultation or learn more about dental implants, please call the office at (215) 395-6076 or schedule a visit online.
Learn More About Dental Implants